- Rs/Tp>99.5/95.0% for Standard Thin Film Laser Polarizers
- Rs/Tp>99.5/99.0% for High Transmission Thin Film Laser Polarizers
- Tp>98%, Ts<0.1% for Thin Film Polarizers with High Extinction Ratio
- >200:1 exctinction ratio for standard and high transmission polarizers
- >1000:1 exctinction ratio for polarizers with high extinction ratio (HE series)
Thin Film Polarizers seperate s- and p-polarization components. Thin Film Polarizers can be used as an alternative to Glan laser polarizing prisms or cube polarizing beamsplitters due to the high damage threshold reaching 100 mJ/cm2, at 800 nm, 50 fsec.
Thin Film Polarizers are used in high energy lasers. They can be used for Yb:KGW/KYW or Ti:Sapphire laser fundamental wavelength and its harmonics or intracavity Q-switch hold-off polarizers. The most efficient way to use thin film laser polarizers is at Brewster angle - 56° ±2 ° with minimal losses. Typical horizontal polarization ratio Tp/Ts is 200:1. Thin Film Laser Polarizers with Tp>99% are available on customer request.