Honeycomb Table Tops 720, 730, 740
- Top skin - 5 mm thick stainless ferromagnetic steel
- Honeycomb core of 0.25 mm thick steel has a density of 125-250 kg/m3 depending on the mesh size and its structure
- Top skin has a pattern of M6 holes spaced by 25 mm
- Flatness +/- 0.1 mm/m2
- Young's modulus 21 x 105 kg/cm2
- Shear modulus 8.2 x 105 kg/cm2
- Deflection under load 4 μm/m (100 kg centrally loaded)
- Resonant frequency approx. 200 Hz
- Transient excitation delay time 50 ms
Optical Table Tops provide the base on which precision optical and laser work is performed. Standard Honeycomb Tabletop consists of a 5 mm thick cold-rolled stainless ferromagnetic steel top skin, and 3-6 mm thick bottom skin, both bound under high pressure to a honeycomb core, using a special epoxy resin. Thickness of the skin depends on the dimensions of the table top. The side-walls of the table top are made of a special acoustically hollow plastic which damps acoustic vibrations and covered in a decorative black leather substitute.
Honeycomb Table Tops have real closed tops - there is no way for liquids or tiny particles to get in. Only the holes you do use are open. You can make "new" holes by yourself, by pushing in the plug with the help of a screwdriver, a hex key or another thin hard tool. If you need to re-seal the no longer used holes, polyethylene plugs can be provided.
Optical tables of custom sizes are available upon request.