Potassium Dideuterium Phosphate and its Isomorphs - KDP, KD*P (DKDP) Crystals
- Laser frequency conversion – harmonic generation for high pulse energy, low repetition (<100 Hz) rate lasers;
- Electro-optical modulation;
- Q-switching crystal for Pockels cells;
- highly deuterated D>96% electro-optic (e/o) crystal - DKDP for Q-switching application;
- Standard dimensions of electro-optic (e/o) DKDP crystals for Q-switching are cylinders dia 9 x 20 mm and dia 12 x 24 mm however manufacturing of custom size and rectangular shape crystals is available;
- Gold evaporated or silver paste electrodes are available; Dielectric thin film AR coatings for specified laser wavelengths are available;
- Typical quarter wave voltage 3.4 kV at 1064 nm; Typical contrast ratio between crossed polarizers better than 1:2000;
- Damage threshold of AR coated DKDP surface >5 J/cm2 at 1064 nm, 10 ns pulses.
Frequency conversion applications:
- DKDP crystals are used for second harmonic generation of high pulse energy low repetition rate (<100Hz) Q-switched and mode-locked Nd:YAG lasers. Cut angle of crystal for operation at room temperature is 36.6 deg for Type 1 phase matching and 53.7 deg for Type 2 phase matching.
- DKDP crystals are used for third harmonic generation of high pulse energy Q-switched and mode-locked Nd:YAG lasers via sum frequency generation. Cut angle of crystal for operation at room temperature is 59.3 deg for Type 2 phase matching.
- Type 1 DKDP crystals with non-critical cut angle theta=90 deg are used for fourth harmonic generation (532nm → 266nm) of high pulse energy Q-switched and mode-locked Nd:YAG lasers. Crystal must be heated at ~50 deg C temperature to match NCPM conditions.
- Type 1 KDP crystal with close to non-critical cut angle theta=76.5 deg is used for fourth harmonic generation (532nm → 266nm) of high pulse energy Q-switched and mode-locked Nd:YAG lasers. KDP crystal has lower absorption at UV wavelengths comparing to DKDP.
- KDP thin crystals are used for second harmonic generation of Ti:Sapphire laser radiation or pulse duration measurement in single shot autocorrelators. KDP possesses ~2.4 times larger spectral acceptance and correspondingly smaller group velocity mismatch comparing to BBO crystal for SHG of 800 nm, what sometime is very critical parameter for femtosecond wide spectrum pulses.
- KDP crystals can be supplied by EKSMA OPTICS of aperture up to dia 80 mm. Actually KDP remains the only solution for harmonic generation of very high intensity femtosecond Ti:Sapphire lasers featuring sub-tera Watt or tera Watt peak power pulses in large >30 mm diameter beams.
Estimated delivery time: from 4 - 5 days